4 Large Brown mushrooms (cleaned and stalk trimmed)
Fresh breadcrumbs (1 slice of bread)
1½ tsp garlic (chopped finely, optional)
1 Courgette (trim ends, do NOT peel, finely grated)
Salt & Pepper
Cheddar Cheese (grated)
½ Onion (grated)
2 tbs Olive oil
- Pre-heat oven 175°C.
- Wipe or lightly rinse mushrooms. Remove stalks and discard ends. Finely chop stalks and place in a bowl. Place mushrooms cap side up on cutting board to dry.
- Add breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, courgette, salt & pepper to the bowl and mix well.
- Lightly brush mushroom caps with olive oil, turn them upside down still working on the board. Brush the outer edges thoroughly with oil. Sprinkle salt over mushrooms (optional).
- Spoon breadcrumb mixture into each mushroom and pack tightly. Each one should be filled with a well rounded heap of filling.
- Place mushrooms in buttered baking dish.
- Cover each mushroom with grated cheese making sure the outer edges of the mushrooms are neatly covered so that they will not burn.
- Bake 15 mins, 175°C.