Hi, I was browsing on facebook and came across this photo:
and decided to share with you an image of what milk bottles looked like in the late 70’s early 80’s when aunty GB was still at school and you could open your front door in the mornings to find fresh milk in glass bottles sealed with foil caps.
In a mission to find a clearer image through Google images I landed on this one and found that the winning bid on Bid or Buy was R75 two years ago. A bargain for the amount of memories which come with it. Including waking in the morning hours and hearing the gentle clink clink of the bottles as the milkman collected them.
(Click on images to see sources. Please remember to leave a comment of your memory of these.)
4 Large Brown mushrooms (cleaned and stalk trimmed)
Fresh breadcrumbs (1 slice of bread)
1½ tsp garlic (chopped finely, optional)
1 Courgette (trim ends, do NOT peel, finely grated)
Salt & Pepper
Cheddar Cheese (grated)
½ Onion (grated)
2 tbs Olive oil
- Pre-heat oven 175°C.
- Wipe or lightly rinse mushrooms. Remove stalks and discard ends. Finely chop stalks and place in a bowl. Place mushrooms cap side up on cutting board to dry.
- Add breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, courgette, salt & pepper to the bowl and mix well.
- Lightly brush mushroom caps with olive oil, turn them upside down still working on the board. Brush the outer edges thoroughly with oil. Sprinkle salt over mushrooms (optional).
- Spoon breadcrumb mixture into each mushroom and pack tightly. Each one should be filled with a well rounded heap of filling.
- Place mushrooms in buttered baking dish.
- Cover each mushroom with grated cheese making sure the outer edges of the mushrooms are neatly covered so that they will not burn.
- Bake 15 mins, 175°C.
I think the best parts of Kate Middleton are her legs & butt, although some readers find these posts of mine offensive I think she should be proud of her body. I personally wouldn’t have minded if my legs looked like hers.
My previous post can be read here.
Perhaps flared skirts aren’t such a good idea. When Kate Middleton no longer needs maternity wear, I think she would look great in smart pencil skirts.
It is stainless steel. Shaped into a hook.
The longest section looks almost like the part of a pair of spectacles which goes over the ears because it is flat and not rounded.
Birmingham-based master craftsman James Doran-Webb (pictured on horse) spent a painstaking six months assembling the sculptures as part of celebrations to mark Chinese New Year in Singapore
“People say mice don’t swim, but they’re a close relative of rats which love the water. Besides, I scoop them up within seconds of a wipe-out out and I’ve never lost one yet.”A radical rodent hangs 10 at Runaway Bay on the Gold Coast. Picture: Tim Marsden
Uitstekend (Wrecking Ball parody) deur Rea Le Roux
Watter deel was jou gunsteling?
My gunsteling deel is die `lek van die strykyster’ :D